I lost my mum to cancer at the young age of 65 and she lost her mum to the same cancer at age 65.
I realized that this puts me at high risk, so I began to research causes and here's a few very brief points of what I learned:
- The United States and Canada permits more than 84,000 chemicals to be used in household products, cosmetics, food, and food packaging, and a majority of these have never been tested for safety.
- Scientific evidence strongly suggest that exposure to chemicals is contributing to cancer, reproductive abnormalities, early puberty and a host of other endocrine, neurological, and metabolic problems.
- What little safety testing is done is typically done on chemicals in isolation, and scientific investigations reveal this is a major mistake that generates a false sense of security, because when chemicals are combined, their synergistic toxicity can increase exponentially.
- It's thought that 1 in 5 cancers may be caused by exposure to environmental chemicals, and according to a recent study published in the journal Carcinogenesis, this includes chemicals deemed "safe" on their own.
- Recent research on cells, funded by the California Breast Cancer Research Program, found that parabens — a chemical commonly found in personal care and beauty products — may stimulate breast cancer growth even at very low levels. Previous research found paraben esters in 99 percent of breast cancer tissues tested, suggesting exposure to the chemical may indeed be a significant risk factor in the development of the disease.
The toxins we find in our everyday household and personal products have been found to be directly responsible for so many illnesses we are experiencing.
As you can imagine, this is just the tip of the iceberg as the list is far too lengthy for this article.
The Environmental Working Group tracks chemical safety and evaluates the products we use everyday. Being able to actually see a point system assigned to the products makes it easier for consumers to understand the value of each product.
With this new information, I began trying to swap my unhealthy products for safe, healthy and natural products. This became a challenge for several reasons….not easy to understand ingredients, having to search multiple stores for each product, most are cost prohibitive…
Then I learned about Modere. This company fits with my values in so many ways:
- Products are all non-toxic and endorsed by the Environmental Working Group
- Produced in an environmentally responsible facility
- NO ANIMAL TESTING (that's a biggie!)
- Reasonably priced, ordered online and shipped to your door
In addition to offering an exceptional line of products, Modere is a company that values people!
Using evidence based data, I can help you transform your home and life to a healthier, cleaner environment!