The Small Business Community Network (SBCN) was founded in 2003 by Linda and Dave Ockwell-Jenner in Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada. It was felt there was a need for an organization such as the SBCN to help small-to-medium business owners benefit from knowing how to network consistently and efficiently, and enjoy affordable networking. Our guiding principles are:
- Offer a warm welcome to both members and guests.
- We focus on building relationships of trust.
- Mentorship; helping one another grow.
- Referrals are not an expectation, but they come with time.
- We are not limited to a single member of each profession.
- To offer educational opportunities.
- To be accessible to all small business owners.
We are an established organization who, have helped hundreds of businesses navigate the many realms of networking successfully. As an organization we have 14 years experience of assisting and working with SMB's to help them promote, via social media and traditional face-to-face networking, their businesses and build their brand in order to be recognized as experts in their field.